Monday, May 16, 2011

May WishList: Part II

Photobucket

@ the neo-futurists
Photobucket
It seems to be a staple of Chicago Theatre,
And it comes highly recommended  
by tons of people on multiple occasions.
Any show that has run so long has to have something going for it. 


@ Porchlight Music Theatre
Photobucket
Photobucket
Runs until: June 5
It is intriguing to me that anyone would choose to do The King & I.
It's a classic, but one that flies under the radar 
since it can only be compared to Rogers & Hammersteins' other shinier classics.
I hear this theatre does Sondheim well,
so I have faith they can tackle R&H. 

It is being directed by L. Walter Stearns
in his last production as Artistic Director.
Knowing that, I know this production 
had a director who threw himself into every detail.
And, from what I have read, the details are what makes this production
I'm picturing the nostalgia of R&H, the impact of Sondheim, 
and the style of a Julie Taymor movie. 
Speaking of movies...


Photobucket
I can't remember the last time I saw a movie in theatre,
but this preview reeled me in.


@ The Annoyance Theatre & Bar
oprah
I never take advantage of the comedy scene in Chicago, 
but this one caught my attention.
It seems to have an air of Forbidden Broadway to it.
I'm sick of reading/hearing about Oprah's show going off the air, &
her plans to take over Broadway.
I have mad love for the lady, but enough is enough. 
Photobucket
I have madder love for this lady, 
and much faith in her performance,
since our names are 66% identical.
I know they incorporate Gayle King, Richard M.Daley, Dr. Phil, & Steadman.
I hope Dr. Oz is included, because he would be a dream role
for the right improv/character actor.
I wish they had incorporated my girl Rachael Ray,
Or they could just do a whole improv comedy show based on her;
it wouldn't be as popular but there is a thick stack of improv material there. 


Photobucket
Runs until: May 25
My main inclination for wanting to see this show stems from the fact 
that I’ve lived around the corner from Strawdog for 10 months now, 
and have yet to see one of their shows. 
Considering that I’ve seen 2 at Mary-ArrchieI feel like a neighborhood traitor.
I love their marketing design. 
When a theatre has smart marketing, 
I have faith that the rest of their vision will follow suit. 
Not to mention that a re-imagined Greek myth is always intriguing.

2 comments:

  1. Correction: Rachael Ray IS a character in the Oprah improv show. I'm so there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. squarefoot flooring has been a retail leader in the distribution of Flooring products for 10 Years. We currently provide services in Mississauga, Toronto, Brampton, Oakville, Markham, Richmond Hill. Stoney Creek, Niagara Falls. Hamilton, Ancaster, Burlington, Kitchener, Guelph, Sudbury, Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa. We excel in providing a quality product in order to make your dream place a reality and have won the title for “Mississauga’s 2019 favorite business. With over 9000+ options for flooring we flooring nailer bring you the largest variety of styles, materials and colors to select only the best.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...