Sunday, May 15, 2011

Jane Eyre 2011 [trailer]

I need to see this movie ASAP.
Photobucket
Experience a bold new vision of a timeless classic...
My Thoughts
  • I love Jane Eyre inside-out & upside-down. I was just excited that there was going to be another Jane movie. It never occurred to me that it could be awesome & it looks like it actually might be.
  • The fact that Judi Dench signed on for the film gives me faith in the script and director's vision. I don't mind that it is the umpteenth remake of this novel because there are so many different storyline details & reimagined character dynamics that different scripts can emphasize.
  • Every play, movie, & musical adaptation I have seen thus far has incorporated the conversation that opened this preview:
Brocklehurst: Do you know where the wicked go after death?
Jane: They go to hell.
Brocklehurst: And what is hell?
Jane: A pit full of fire.
Brocklehurst: And should you like to fall into this pit & be burned forever?
Jane: No, sir.
[this is where the preview cut the punchline]
Brocklehurst: What then must you do to avoid it?
Jane: I must keep in good health and not die.

  • I love that Mrs. Fairfax seems a serious character & not a stoic housekeeper, silent of the woodwork, or Mrs. Claus playing housekeeper.
  • It reminds me of the 1992 Wuthering Heights, which was a great adaptation of a story with similar tones.
  • I liked the violence of the horse falling. That is a huge & important moment & it always gets swept under the table.
  • I like the use of the word transfixed because that is what this story is all about. I also like the incorporation of this classic line & moment:
Do you think that because
I am poor, obscure, plain, & little
that I am souless & heartless?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...