Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Photobucket

Today marks my third father-less Father's Day.
Time doesn't help so much, but
my appreciation for the father I had
grows greater with every day I have to live in a world without him.



 This blog directly reflects my father's influence:
I would not love theatre
if it had not been for my father encouraging me to articulate my passion. And being so supportive that the word supportive loses meaning. Not only did he encourage my interest, but he adopted it as his own. He was an athlete who was intrinsically non-artistic, but was open to love this new arena because it was introduced to him from the love of his daughters. His encouragement towards his children to do what God created us to do was astounding.

I would not have moved to Chicago alone
if he hadn't instilled in me the importance of independence. Not to mention his confidence in my ability to be my own person & flourish in any environment. It is hard to doubt yourself when the person you respect most in the world has the utmost confidence in you.
 
I would not have started this blog
if he hadn't set such a strong example as one who works to create their work-based success & happiness. My father created goals for himself that weren't even on the table & achieved them at a higher caliber than anyone expected. His success was astounding, but not to his family because we saw the hours & focus behind his success.  Of all his legacies, the strength of his work ethic will undoubtedly be his most long-lasting & inspiring.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. It was great to hear your voice in this post, A. It brought extra tears for missing him, and extra laughter for remembering him getting all revved up to take you and J to shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was great to read. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I'm balling my eyes out right now..stupid super sensitive me. That was really nice ash. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's proud of you. We all are.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...