Thursday, March 22, 2012

Happy Birthday, SONDHEIM & LLOYD WEBBER!

Photobucket
Happy Birthday to the Kings of Musical Theatre

Today kind of seems like Christmas for the musical theatre community.
My life (especially the junior high years) & iTunes have been infintely improved by these two men,
so their birthdays are certainly worth the celebrating.
I vote that next year, they should do a birthday concert at Royal Albert Hall.

[my boyfriends singing a tribute to Cameron Mackintosh]


[A side note on birthdays & Sondheim: I met Stephen Sondheim with my sister on her 25th birthday. We were at the Lincoln Center in NYC to see a concert performance of Sweeney Todd  & got to the theatre obscenely early. There was a bar on the empty lobby of the mezzanine & there were 2 people at the bar with their backs to us. Jenny thought one of them was Sir Sondheim, but we couldn’t be sure. Then the lady he was with turned around & we recognized her as Maria Friedman, which meant the man was with her was probably Sondheim. So we approached, using our status as Friedman-fans as the catalyst. And then we met the man himself, breathed his air, & exchanged words. I remember nothing anyone said except his affirmation that my sister looked like Johanna. Talk about a happy birthday.]

4 comments:

  1. I wonder why this fact of shared birthdays has never been talked about-I think that is pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I think that now that I know they're on the same day, Sondheim's b-day just got a little bit cheesier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Bitter Betty, try spreading some birthday sunshine. But thanks for reading!!! Make it a habit. OR ELSE.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...