Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Thrifty Theatre-Goer: HotTix & GoldStar

Photobucket
I love a good deal almost as much as I love good theatre.
Chicago theatre offers some great money-saving opportunities that I happily taken advantage of,
so it seems only good & right to share my lessons learned in my thrifty theatre-going habits.

Tickets can’t be bought over the phone: they must be purchased online or in person at one of the ticket booths.
You can call 312-977-9483 for assistance with online purchases,
but the staff won’t take billing information or refund/exchange tickets.
There are additional charges for purchasing online, so it really is in one’s best interest to go to the booth.
I found the online purchasing process very complicated. However,
I have found the ticket booth very convenient, especially for day-of purchasing.

GoldStar is a nation-wide, internet-based service & covers a broader base of ticketing options.
Because of that, it uses Ticketmaster to process ticket sales, which makes it a quick & convenient process.
The catch with their online buying is that you usually have to purchase the tickets a day in advance.
The tickets tend to be more expensive than those at Hottix, but they offer One-Day Specials that are really great deals
(and my favorite aspect of GoldStar).
 
Photobucket
next thrifty-edition: Chicago Theatre Rush Tickets

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...