Wednesday, January 11, 2012

NEWS: Les Mis Movie Cast COMPLETE

Photobucket
LATEST & LAST ADDITIONS:
Photobucket

Amanda Seyfried as Cosette
This is my favorite casting choice.
She has a perfect period-beauty & a quality voice (though I’ve never known her as a soprano, so we’ll se how that goes).
She showed immediate star-potential in Mean Girlsdimension in Big Love, & the voice of a bell in Mamma Mia!
[Also, she has replaced Lindsay Lohan in the title role Linda Lace movie, so she can pull off Cosette's straight-up bombshell quality.]   
Plus, I love a blonde Cosette.

Eddie Redmayne as Marius
He was probably cast because of the recent press from My Day With Marilyn.
He is not a familiar face (which speaks in his favor, IMO),
but I like his freckled, innocent look.

Taylor Swift as Eponine
It is a dangerous choice to cast someone whose natural tendency is the biggest downfall
by most actresses trying to conquer this role: playing the over-simplified girl who is blinded by her first love.
Here is the problem with that easy adolescent portrayal: Eponine found an anchor in her infatuation 
because her life was so pathetic, dire, & empty.
This role requires an actress who can add color to a potentially one-noted role, not a pop-country star who has 
no authentic acting experience. I am not alone in this opinion.

Aaron Tveit as Enjolras
He is an accomplished stage actor who is best known for originating these roles on Broadway:
Gabe in Next to Normal & Frank Abagnale Jr. in Catch Me If You Can
[which is a musical I would have LOVED to have seen, despite the terrible reviews].
I’m very glad they cast a quality singer in the role that sings Do You Hear the People Sing.

See my earlier post for my opinions on earlier casting choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...