Monday, December 19, 2011

The Addams Family Is Coming to Chicago! Again!

Photobucket
The Addams Family Musical


I really like the looks of this new-ish musical. It looks like the lovechild of Six Feet Under, Rocky Horror, Chicago: The Musical, Beetlejuice, Frank Wildhorn, Sweeney Todd, & Corpse Bride. I like the costume choices because they are authentic to The Classic Addams Family; it shows smart artistic discretion to not switch up what has already works & is loved. The opening number has catchy music, contemporary lyrics, & an animated, modern tone. This is not surprising since Andrew Lippa wrote the music & I loved the tone he established in The Wild Party. I wanted to see this musical in New York & wish national tours weren’t so overpriced so I could see it in Chicago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...