Friday, April 1, 2011

April WishList


Photobucket


http://www.maryarrchie.com/
Photobucket
Mainly because it's local, I'm a good neighbor, and have a very hard time saying no to Pinter.
Closes: April 10

http://www.goodmantheatre.org/
Photobucket
I love a good, 4-person cast. This production has gotten great reviews & intrigued me when it/I was in New York. Plus, I have yet to see a show at the Goodman.
Closes: April 17

http://www.atcweb.org/
Photobucket
I have no doubt that this will be as awesome as it seems. It is going to have new songs, a new R-rating, and I have been looking forward to it since last summer. And I am sure it will be an all-star cast since 850 actors auditioned for the the original Grease.
Runs: April 21-June 5

The Warriors - The New Colony at The Second Stage
warriors
This piece seems like a recipe for favorite flavor of theatre. It sounds like the love child of a Jodi Picoult novel, an Anna Deavere Smith play, and an episode of SVU. I love this strange corner of playwriting I have dubbed Interview Theatre. Certain memoirs can fall under this umbrella term & I do believe this may end up being one of them.
Closes: April 17

The Goat or, Who Is Sylvia? by Remy Bumppo Theatre Company
@ The Greenhouse Theater Center

Photobucket
Albee's plays are always enticing, exciting, & excellent, assuming the theatre company can handle the subject matters & attacks the text head-on. This assumption is dangerous & hopeful, which are both ingredients to a theatrical experience that is interesting & engaging, at the very least .
Runs until: May 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...