Sunday, September 16, 2012

an A.R.T. List.


internet-post-opinion-miracle-whip-ecards-someecards
I have never done a blog link-up. But I recently stumbled upon one with a prompt broad enough that I decided to give it a try. The idea was list of your opinions & soap-boxing is a favorite hobby of mine. So, here we have it: MY  RANDOM THEATRE OPINIONS


Theatre reality shows like You're the One That I Want & Legally Blonde ruled & I want more. 
Regarding Spiderman: The Musical's lawsuit: I love Bono, but I’m on Team Taymor
I will forever love The Office & forever resent how they ruined the great art of second-acting. 
The Lion King won the 2008 Tony Award for Best New Musical. It should have been Ragtime. 
The written words of C.S. Lewis belong onstage. 
Titus Andronicus is Shakespeare’s best work.
There was no Shakespeare. Team DaVere all the way. 
Anything that premiered at The National Theatre is good as gold. 
Anne Hathaway was the worst casting choice for the Les Mis movie. Ever.
Regarding Les Mis: Fantine is blond. Cosette is blond. Eponine is brunette.  DONE. 
Colm Wilkinson IS Jean ValJean & Philip Quast IS Javert. None will ever compare. 
Disney’s influence on Broadway has done more harm than good. 
Lea Salonga is best fit as a Disney songstress. 
I like flying actors trend. 
Carousel is Rodgers & Hammerstein‘s best musical.
GREASE SUCKS.
The thought of Rosie O’Donnell as Rizzo makes me want to cry. 
Ballet is boring. 
Improv is awkward.  
LOST is the best TV show ever. 
August Wilson is overrated. 
Rebecca Luker is an overrated ice queen with a pretty voice. 
Patti LuPone is the most overrated. 
Maybe Sarah Brightman is overrated, but I love her. 
History re-enactors are terrifying. 
Cameron Mackintosh should be President. 
Barnum should be revived. 
Some of the songs in CATS are pretty catchy.
PARADE would have had a longer/more deserving run if it had not premiered at the Lincoln Center.
Thoroughly Modern Millie the Movie was amazing & tainted by the musical by the same name. 
Most of the actresses who have had the leads in Chicago on Broadway seem bunk.
4-person plays (which I have dubbed Quadrangles) are generally awesome. 
Abba Mania > Mamma Mia. 
Shows should be 10 years old before being revived. 
Broadway is too catered towards children & the Mousification of Broadway must be stopped. 
National tours will never compare to Broadway shows or their pre-Broadway run.  
SMASH rules. 
InterView Theatre (a la Anna Deavere Smith) rules. 
The use of projections has brought about a new era of set design. 
I wish there were more plays on Broadway. It used to be 50/50. 
BAT BOY Is amazing & should be produced more frequently by regional theatres. 
Today’s Broadway is nothing compared to the Broadway of my youth.
I prefer a suspended band (Cabaret) to the traditional orchestra pit. 
Being a theatre critic is the noblest profession ever.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...