Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dar Williams' MUSICAL

Photobucket

Today my darling Dar Williams is presenting her first musical. I first met the brilliant music of Dar Williams when I was living in Massachusetts in the fall of 2005. I have been in love with/a missionary for her music ever since. I was lucky enough to see her at a random concert in York, PA in 2010 & she lived up to everything I had built up in my mind. It was one of the best, most fulfilling & satisfying concerts I've ever seen. She is a GENIUS of a writer/lyricist & has such a consistently perfect perspective. Her songs always have a nostalgic tone that reminds me of New England. She writes with a direct but sweet & subtle sense of feminism, slight green party flair, and quick & quiet sense of humor.

I am so curious about this musical because it seems like the lovechild of two of my greatest loves: Dar's music & musicals. However, there is suprisingly little press to give insight on what this production will taste like. The most descriptive descriptions I have stumbled upon are these 2 vague references:


My Top3 Dar Songs

You're Aging Well
(duet with Joan Baez)

The Ballad of Yoko Ono

Are You Out There?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...